Australia and New Zealand
Thanks for visiting Chugg Entertainment’s website (www.chuggentertainment.com) (Website).
Collection of Information
We operate and promote various live entertainment events. To provide our goods and/or services, we collect two types of information:
- Anonymous Information; and
- Personal Information.
Anonymous Information is info that does not identify you as an individual. It includes things like analytics (info that we log regarding access and use of our Sites, incl. details of any device used to access our Sites (i.e. IP address, host and browser type). This may also include information about the date and time of access, geo-location and details of pages accessed and any info downloaded.
Personal Information is info that identifies you as an individual or renders you reasonably identifiable (i.e. your name, date of birth, email address, postcode and other contact or identifying details).
We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 18 years of age without the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under 18 years of age may only use our Sites with the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
How We Collect Personal Information
1. Directly from you
- Email Lists: when you register as a subscriber of our Sites or register for updates to a particular event or events about a particular kind of music.
- Competitions or Promotions: when you participate in a competition or promotion for the purposes of conducting and fulfilling the Terms and Conditions of a promotion or competition.
- Other: if you choose to interact with us or contact us via email, phone and social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If you choose not to disclose your Personal Information you may not be able to register as a member, access certain areas of our Sites or participate in competitions and promotions.
2. From Event or Promotional Partners
We might collect Personal Information from other sources like event and promotional partners where they share information with us for the purposes of marketing and promotional campaigns related to our business. We may send you emails, text messages or call you about your account, ticket purchase, change of events or ask you if you would like to provide us with feedback or reviews about an event you attended or if we are running a competition or promotion jointly with another company.
We will ensure the third party has made you aware that your information will be passed on to us.
The cookies we use on our Sites allow us to record information whenever you visit our Sites. This may include your computer’s IP address, browser type, webpage visited before our Sites, webpages visited on our Sites, time spent on those webpages, items and information searched for on our Sites, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation to help us make our digital services easier to use and more relevant.
If you don’t want to accept cookies, most browsers can be set to accept or reject all (or just some) cookies or prompt you each time a cookie is offered. If you do block cookies, you may not be able to access certain Site features.
There might also be some third-party cookies on our Sites where we embed a video clip or photo from a third party (such as Instagram and YouTube) and those third parties may have set cookies relating to that content. We don’t control or block these cookies.
We also use Google Analytics, Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to gather statistical information on how users interact with our Sites. For more information about how Google protects your privacy, see http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Use of Information
We and our third-party service providers use the information you provide for our business purposes as follows:
- Anonymous Information: our own statistical and internal business purposes, to improve the Sites and to provide certain features or functionality to improve the user experience (like suggesting artists or tours or displaying info about events that are local to you). We also measure things like effectiveness of advertising or promotions on the Sites.
- Personal Information: for the purpose for which you provided it (like subscribing to our Sites, mailing lists or entering competitions and promotions) but also for direct marking communications by us or our promotional partners (including, without limitation, by our third party service providers that send direct mail, email etc.) where you have indicated that you would like to receive news relating to the Sites, artists, festivals, tours or other promotions. We might also use your Personal Information for a specific purpose that you’ve authorised (like accessing a members only ticket pre-sale) and any related or relevant business purposes (such as sending you a newsletter, customer survey, special offers or promotions).
If you don’t want to get emails from us or our affiliates, you can unsubscribe from receiving emails at any time. On each email you receive from us you’re given the opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out. You can also contact us, see details below. When you unsubscribe we remove your email address permanently from our database.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for a variety of reasons including:
- to customise and promote our services which we think may be of interest to you;
- to provide a service you wish to use;
- as permitted or required by law;
- with your consent; and
- where we’ve contracted out specialised functions (such as mailing houses, printing companies and storage servers). If we do disclose your Personal Information to a third party we will, where we are able to, impose restrictions equivalent to those that we’re subject to under the Privacy Act.
Other than as outlines above, we won’t disclose your Personal Information to any third party unless you have authorised us to do so or where we are legally required to do so.
Accuracy, Security and Access
If you think we hold Personal Information about you which is incorrect or out of date please contact us and let us know. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorised access to it by those who do not have a legitimate need for it.
If at any time you wish to know what Personal Information we are holding about you, simply send us an email requesting your Personal Information.
Links to websites from our Sites
Chugg Entertainment Pty Ltd
Level 7, 10-14 Waterloo Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
By email email@example.com
We’d appreciate an opportunity to fix any privacy-related complaints and will review your complaint and try to resolve your complaint at your first point of contact with us. We will generally provide a written response to your complaint within thirty (30) days. If you are unhappy with our response, you can apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have your concern heard and determined. For more information about how to lodge a complaint to the OAIC please visit http://www.oaic.gov.au