- We recommend you get to the venue in good time before the start of the show, as extensive security screening will be in place at the point of entry.
- Explosives sweeps will be conducted at the venue.
- There are no pass-outs available for this event.
- See below for a list of prohibited items. Any prohibited items will be confiscated. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed.
- Backpacks of any size will not be permitted.
- Only small bags up to A4 in size (30cm x 20cm x 10cm) will be allowed into the venue.
- All patrons with bags will be subject to bag checking and other security measures at the external entry gate upon arrival at the venue. To make your entry as quick as possible, we encourage patrons to leave bags at home.
UPDATE – Tuesday 3 December 2019 – 5:00pm (ACDT)
- Because patrons have attended previous Botanic Park concerts with different chair policies, we’ve listened to your feedback and updated the policy for these events:
- Standard camping chairs will be permitted in the General Admission Standing in the Park area.
- No banana/sun lounges or other lie-flat chairs, deck chairs, reclining chairs, beanbags, blow-up air chairs, inflatables, pop up chairs or lounges will be permitted in the General Admission Standing in the Park area.
- No special considerations or exceptions will be made.
- Visit Ticketmaster for Reserved Seating availability.
- We are expecting a capacity crowd for these shows, so please be mindful of patrons around you when reserving space. We want everyone to be able to see the show and have a great time!
- Box Office Opens: 3:00pm
- Gates Open: 4:00pm
- Tate Sheridan: 6:30pm
- Elton John: 8.00pm
- Approximate Finish: 10.45pm
*All running times are subject to change without notice.
- Concert tickets
- Valid photo ID
- Small bags only (up to A4 in size – 30cm x 20cm x 10cm)
- Standard camping chairs will be permitted in the General Admission Standing in the Park area (banana/sun lounges or other lie-flat chairs, deck chairs, reclining chairs, beanbags, blow-up air chairs, inflatables, pop up chairs or lounges will not be allowed)
- Picnic-type blankets will be permitted in the General Admission Standing in the Park area
- Jacket or poncho for inclement weather. Umbrellas will not be permitted.
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are permitted. Professional cameras with detachable lenses and all video recording devices (including GoPros, iPads and tablets) are not permitted.
- There will be free water stations at the venue. Patrons may bring in:
- EMPTY water bottle or cup (no glass, metal or hard plastic)
- Sealed plastic water bottle (600ml or less in size)
- You cannot bring in any container or item deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be potentially dangerous (e.g. can be used as a missile)
- Soft wrapped food in soft cool bags or plastic bags are permitted but cannot exceed the maximum allowed bag size
- Please remember that there are limited ATM facilities at the venue, so come prepared with enough cash for the evening
Any Prohibited Items will be confiscated. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed.
Prohibited items are not allowed into the venue. They include, but are not limited to:
- Backpacks of any size
- Bags larger than A4 in size (30cm x 20cm x 10cm)
- Glass (jars, bottles, containers, mirrors, perfumes, etc.)
- Metal and hard plastic containers (drink bottles, cups, etc.)
- Hydration packs and reservoirs (e.g. Camelbaks)
- Sealed plastic water bottles over 600ml in size
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar)
- iPads and tablets
- Professional photography equipment (e.g. telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Event staff to be professional photography equipment)
- Banana/sun lounges or other lie-flat chairs, deck chairs, reclining chairs, beanbags, blow-up air chairs, inflatables, pop up chairs or lounges
- Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks)
- Air horns
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles)
- Illegal substances
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs)
- Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers explosives, or any fire twirling equipment
- Fires and open flames
- Flammable liquids
- Musical instruments
- Sound systems
- Portable laser equipment and pens
- Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens
- Drones or other remote-control devices
- Anything studded (i.e. belts, wristbands etc.)
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles
- Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, or other promotional items
- Eskies, coolers or any hard food and beverage storage vessels
- Confetti or shredded paper
- Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or e-cigs), personal vaporisers
- Large flags or banners
- Kites or sky lanterns
- Toy guns, water guns or slingshots
- Prams, pushers, strollers, baby capsules, car seats or bassinets
- Any other item deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous
Any prohibited items will be confiscated. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or reimbursed.
We are expecting capacity crowds to see Elton John, so encourage everyone to take public transport to the venue and enter via the Botanic Park Entry on Frome Road.
Botanic Park is located close to the Adelaide CBD, which is well serviced by bus, train and tram services.
Visit Adelaide Metro for all service and timetable information.
Parking around Botanic Park is extremely limited. There is no parking available on site and little in adjacent residential streets, so if public transport isn’t an option then we recommend you carpool and park ‘n’ walk from the city (5-10 mins walk), or ride a bike, take the bus or share a taxi/rideshare with friends.
Car Drop Off/Pick Up
There will be drop off/pick up zones located on Frome Road and Hackney Road.
A concierge-staffed taxi rank will be located on Frome Road and in operation after the show.
Please call Ticketmaster’s Accessible Seating Line if you have Wheelchair, Companion Card or Special Needs booking requirements.
Telephone:1300 446 925
There will be a limited number of accessible parking spaces available on Plane Tree Drive, along with a drop off zone for mobility restricted patrons. Enter via Hackney Road and ensure that your vehicle displays a current temporary or permanent Disability Parking Permit.
Please be aware that Botanic Park is an outdoor, grass venue, so there may be some uneven terrain.
There will be accessible toilets located on the north and south sides of the concert site.
There will be one box office in operation, located next to the entry gate on the west side of the concert site (off Frome Road). The box office opens at 3:00pm on the day of the show only.
Pass-outs are not allowed for this event.
Ticketmaster is the only authorised ticket seller for Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road Adelaide concerts. No responsibility is accepted for tickets purchased from unauthorised sellers; these may be refused entry, no exceptions.
The re-sale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Reserved Seating Patrons
While reserved seating is available at this concert, please note that patrons may stand during the performance. Please be considerate of those around you wherever possible.
General Admission Standing In The Park Patrons
We ask all patrons in the General Admission Standing in the Park area to remain mindful of those around them and be space conscious when reserving areas. We want to ensure that everyone is comfortable and has a great view of the concert.
Standard camping chairs and picnic-style blankets only will be permitted in the General Admission Standing in the Park area.
No banana/sun lounges or other lie-flat chairs, deck chairs, reclining chairs, beanbags, blow-up air chairs, inflatables, pop up chairs or lounges will be permitted in the General Admission Standing in the Park area.
No special considerations or exceptions will be made.
Age Restrictions and Guidelines
The following guidelines on age apply to these events:
- Adults must accompany children 12 years and under
- Adults are strongly recommended to accompany children between 13 and 15 years
- Promoter does not recommend attendance at the events by children aged 5 years and under
This is a licensed event and there will be a large range of food and beverages available.
EFTPOS is available at food and beverage outlets, and there will be limited ATM facilities on site.
See “What To Bring” for details on what food and drink can be brought in to the venue.
Proof of age photo ID is required to purchase and consume alcohol, and service will not be provided to patrons who are under 18 years of age or intoxicated. Acceptable ID is:
- Current and valid Australian Photo Driver’s Licence or Learner’s Permit
- Passport (either current or expired less than 2 years ago and has not been cancelled)
- KEYPASS Photo ID Card or equivalent Proof of Age Card
- Australian Birth Certificate (copy is okay) PLUS a Current Photo ID (e.g. student card). We must be able to verify both your age and your photo ID, we cannot accept one without the other.
The venue and promoter reserves the right to deny entry to and/or evict intoxicated patrons or under-age patrons found with alcohol. No alcohol can be removed from the concert site.
For your safety, security guards, RSA Marshals and police will be on site.
We recommend you get to the venue in good time before the start of the show, as extensive security screening will be in place at the point of entry.
Explosives sweeps will be conducted at the venue.
Please be aware that the following patrons may be denied entry to the event:
- Any person deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Any person who does not comply with a request to conduct a bag search or security check
- Any person who does not comply with a request from any authorised person including the organiser / promoter, venue staff, security, or regulatory bodies
- No unauthorised/unlicensed vendors allowed
There will be a cloakroom in operation, located near the main entry gate on the west side of the concert site (off Frome Road).
GOLD COIN DONATION PER ITEM.
Please be aware that you can only access the cloakroom from outside the venue, and pass-outs are not allowed.
The concert will proceed rain or shine. Only exceptionally severe weather conditions will affect the performance so be prepared.
Umbrellas are not permitted in the venue, so bring a raincoat or poncho if inclement weather is predicted.
VIP package customers will be emailed further instructions in the week prior to the concert, so please keep an eye on the email address used when you purchased your event ticket(s).
Ticketmaster and Chugg Entertainment are unable to provide information on VIP Package redemption, so please contact EltonJohnVIP@aegpresents.com with any queries.
First Care Medical will be on site and located close to the main entry gate, near the merchandise tent.
Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the venue.
We care for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the bins provided around the venue. Be waste and water wise – thank you.
- You can read the full Event Terms & Conditions of Entry here.
- Please refer to the Ticketmaster website for the full Purchase Policy relating to the sale of tickets.
Chugg Entertainment makes every attempt to ensure that all information is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to amend any or all of the information on this page without notice.